Looking at the styles of the celebrities from Vogue magazine, I realised that the long bob haircut was very fashionable, mainly because of its comfort when wearing it and the drastic change if you use long hair. So, in this article, I will show you how to cut a long bob?
The bob haircut is generally a risk for any woman because it is a radical change and has a significant influence on the type of face she wears to make it look good. But this look has the advantage that it adapts to any face and you can use it if you wish.
What is a long bob cut?
A Long Bob cut is a haircut that is shorter on the back at the nape of the neck and longer on the front mainly.
Then you can wear it all bluntly, and what influences the change is the type of style you perform depending on your tastes and those of your stylist depending on your face.
If you want to wear it more sophisticated, the look can be worn for the night with more elegance, but if you’re going to use it every day, it will suit you.
It is also recognised as a diy lob haircut, which is the union of words “long” which refers to the length of the hair, and “bob” which refers to the haircut of the 20s, like a hat or cap.
How to cut a long bob?
So if your idea was to change your long hair for something shorter, I recommend that you try the long bob-cut in layers that is the haircut that was imposed in the spring-summer without a doubt for its comfort and elegance.
It also has the advantage that it is easy to maintain, and you can look very sensual.
There are different types of long bob cut, which vary in the length that is used since it can be with a bow, with a ponytail, or only with a braid, where the bangs can be present if you wish and look super fashionable with your friends.
If you are interested, you can learn how to cut long bob at home step by step:
How to cut long bob at home?
You have to consider that it is a more extended cut than the bob cut and that it has an inclination is not straight, its location is only a few centimetres below the chin.
From the nape of the neck, the movement of the mane is marked, so you have to consider this detail.
Something important to highlight is that if you have very straight or too curly hair, this type of haircut is not the most recommended since it will not accompany your gestures and your body when it comes to showing it off.
If you have fine hair, I do not recommend using it, nor if you have scant hair since the idea is to have the volume so that it gains movement, and if it were fine and scarce, what it would cause would be the opposite with lack of body and voluminosity.
It favour the mane that has shape and movement.
What are the recommended colors for the Diy lob haircut?
The best colors for long bob haircut are medium blonde and chestnut shades.
That is why whenever you choose honey or golden blonde shades are the ones that go best with this mane cut, as well as the brown shades and all their derivatives.
A recommendation that my stylist gave me was to paint for some highlights, tones that provide light to the tips, I assure you that it is ideal for providing different looks of movements.
Removing the root effect and trying to imitate the natural light effect is essential to this style.
A great advantage that it has is its length, which, being longer than the classic Bob cut, the maintenance is much simpler and easier for anyone, which does not have to be so much going to a stylist or hairdresser to maintain it so that it does not lose shape.
Every two months, it is recommended that the tips be retouched to continue maintaining the shape and health of the hair.
If you do fitness, it is an efficient cut since it does not bother the eyes and I practice collecting, that is why it became so popular among sports girls too.
Another trick so that the movement of the hair is not lost is to use a shampoo that gives volume to the hair. As well as with dry hair, add a little shampoo from the nape of the neck to give volume to the hair, giving greater body to the hair.
How to cut a lob haircut yourself in 3 steps
As a hairstylist, I can guide you through the process of cutting a lob haircut yourself in three simple steps. A lob, or long bob, is a versatile and trendy haircut that falls between the chin and collarbone. Here’s how you can achieve this look at home:
Step 1: Prepare and section your hair
- Start by washing and conditioning your hair as you normally would. This will ensure that your hair is clean and manageable for the cutting process.
- Once your hair is clean, towel-dry it until it is slightly damp. This will make it easier to work with and prevent any unnecessary tugging or pulling.
- Use a comb to part your hair down the middle, creating two equal sections. Then, take a horizontal section of hair from the nape of your neck and clip the rest of your hair out of the way. This will be your first cutting section.
Step 2: Cut the back of your hair
- Begin by combing the hair in your first cutting section straight down. This will help you achieve a clean and even cut.
- Hold the hair between your index and middle fingers, about an inch or two above the desired length. This will allow for some flexibility and prevent you from cutting off too much hair.
- Using a pair of sharp hair cutting scissors, make a straight cut across the hair. Be sure to cut in a smooth and controlled motion to avoid any jagged edges.
- Continue taking horizontal sections of hair and cutting them to the same length as your initial cutting section. This will ensure that the back of your lob is even and well-blended.
Step 3: Cut the front of your hair
- Once you have finished cutting the back of your hair, unclip the top section and comb it forward. This will allow you to see the length of the front pieces and ensure that they are even with the back.
- Take a small section of hair from one side of your head and comb it straight down. Hold the hair between your index and middle fingers, just as you did with the back sections.
- Using your initial cutting section as a guide, cut the front section of hair to the same length. Repeat this process on the other side of your head, making sure to keep the sections even and symmetrical.
- Once you have finished cutting the front sections, comb your hair straight down and check for any unevenness or stray hairs. If necessary, make small adjustments to ensure that your lob is even and well-balanced.
How to cut your own lob?
How to cut long bob?
Can I cut a long bob haircut myself?
Yes, you can cut a long bob haircut yourself with the right tools and techniques. However, it’s important to note that cutting your own hair can be challenging, and it’s always best to consult a professional hairstylist if you’re unsure or want a more precise result.
What tools do I need to cut a long bob haircut?
To cut a long bob, you’ll need a few essential tools, including sharp hair-cutting scissors, a comb, hair clips or elastics to section your hair, and a spray bottle or water to dampen your hair if necessary.
Should I cut my hair wet or dry?
If your hair is curly or wavy, it’s best to cut it when it’s dry so you can see the final look more accurately. For straight hair, you can cut it while it’s wet or dampen it with a spray bottle.
How do I avoid cutting too much hair?
To prevent cutting off more hair than intended, hold the hair between your index and middle fingers, about an inch or two above the desired length. This will allow for some flexibility and help you achieve the desired length.
How do I ensure an even cut?
Start by cutting the back of your hair, taking horizontal sections and using the initial cutting section as a guide. Then, unclip the top section and cut the front sections, making sure they are even with the back. Comb your hair straight down and check for any unevenness or stray hairs, making small adjustments if necessary.
Can I achieve a layered look with a DIY long bob haircut?
Most at-home methods recommend a layered look for DIY haircuts, as polished, blunt looks are more challenging to achieve. Layering your hair can add texture and movement to your long bob.